Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Make a pistol grip - part 2

Today I polished inner side of the both grip parts. No gap between them allowed. I fixed a piece of sand paper on table (flat surface) and polished both parts. After all I had to deepen both cuts since polishing cost another 0.3-0.5mm.

Then I took a pencil and A4 paper and outlined my hand. Took caliper and measured my hand (not the outline!).

Measurements are used as follows:


It must not be absolute exact in my case since I make grip with an adjustable palm shelf (+/-3mm is OK).

Now I draw an approximate outline of the right grip part. Then remove unnecessary wood. Now I will work only with the right part. Later I will switch to the left part. It is a rule. I think all grip makers who works with hand do so.




Related links:
Make a pistol grip - part 1
Make a pistol grip - part 3
Make a pistol grip - part 4
Make a pistol grip - part 5
Make a pistol grip - part 6
Make a pistol grip - part 7
Make a pistol grip - part 8

0 comments:

Post a Comment